|Make up||4mmT + Vacuum + 4mmT|
|Centre Pane U value W/m2K||0.48|
|Toughened Safety Glass||Yes|
|Minimum Size||300mm x 300mm|
|Maximum Size||1500mm x 2500mm|
|Extract Cap||Yes – 12mm diameter placed 20mm in from corner|
|Life Expectancy||25 years|
|Noise Reduction Rw||36 dB|
|Getter||Yes – one or more getters 12mm diameter 20mm in from corner(s)|
|Micro Spacers||On 60mm x 50mm offset grid|
Grosvenor Restoration provides industry-leading solutions for thin double-glazing for listed buildings, and more specifically, sash windows. As an accredited fitter of the Pilkington Spacia™ and LandVac glazing, we can tailor a solution to your property.
Pilkington Spacia™ Ultra-Thin Double Glazing Specialists
Spacia™ is made up of 2 pieces of 3mm glass one of which has a Low Emissivity coating. They are separated by a Micro Spacer Grid of small pillars each measuring just 0.5mm diameter set 20mm apart, robotically positioned, with “intelligent” camera checking. The edges are sealed hermetically with a low melting point glass frit, then air and moisture evacuated, sealed and capped.
Benefits of Vacuum Glazing Spacia™ Windows
- Energy efficiencyPilkington Spacia™ provides similar energy efficiency performance as a standard double glazed unit containing a low-emissivity glass, such as Pilkington K Glass™ but in a much thinner profile. It is therefore perfectly suited for use in original, refurbishment or new thin profile frames, allowing the property to maintain its original appearance.
- Cost effectiveSpacia™ provides a cost-effective method of improving the energy efficiency of older properties where glazing choice is restricted, or where the original frames are a desirable feature. Advances in technology have made windows a significant contributor to the energy efficiency of new homes. Current restrictions, which were put in place to preserve the character of the nation’s buildings, in some circumstances prevent the improvement of thermal efficiency by not permitting upgrading from single glazing. Whilst these properties may look appealing, they carry a heavy price in terms of reduced internal comfort levels, high heating costs and carbon footprint.
- Innovative technologySpacia™ is made up of 2 pieces of 3mm glass one of which has a Low Emissivity coating. They are separated by a Micro Spacer Grid of small pillars each measuring just 0.5mm diameter set 20mm apart, robotically positioned, with “intelligent” camera checking. The edges are sealed hermetically with a low melting point glass frit, then air and moisture evacuated, sealed and capped. Above the protection cap there is a small laser etched reference which is unique and allows for product traceability.
- A protection capThe protection cap has a height of 5mm with a diameter of 12mm – black default option & 15mm silver by request. It will always be positioned 50mm in from any nominated corner. You can nominate your corner prior to ordering TR/TL BR/BL. The cap should always be glazed to the inside except with secondary glazing when the cap faces to the cavity. There is a 3mm offset all round to allow for the glass weld.
- Positioning is a fixed distance of 50mm from the glass edge, so it is always within visible area.
- One cap is required per pane, regardless of the size.
- Consumer Note: No attempt should be made to remove the cap, this could result in the unit failing.
- Guarantee Pilkington Spacia™ has a 10 year guarantee with a life expectancy in excess of 25 years.
Pilkington Glass Specifications
|Product||Actual thickness (mm)||Light transmittance (%)||reflectance (%)||Centre pane U value (Ug W/m2K)||Solar direct transmission (%)||Solar reflection (%)||Total solar heat transmittance (g value) %|
|24mm Double Glazed||4 / 16 / 4K (Argon)||75||18||1.5||74||16||76|
Contact us today to find out more about Pilkington Spacia™️ prices and benefits – 07830 095189
LandVac Toughened Vacuum Insulated Glass
LandVac vacuum glazing has a number of benefits that can improve the efficiency and performance of the sash windows in a period property. Benefits include:
- Fully temperedLandVac is a fully tempered vacuum insulated glass. LandVac retains the safety features of tempered glass against impact. The surface stress of any position in LandVac tempered vacuum insulated glass exceeds 90MPa.
- Energy SavingsThe thermal insulation performance of LandVac is 2 to 4 times better than insulated glass due to its’ high vacuum interspace that eliminates any gas heat transfer. By using high-performance Low-E coating, it also considerably suppresses radiation heat transfer and reduces the U-value of LandVac to 0.48 W/(m2K).
- LongevityThe life expectancy of LandVac exceeds 25 years. The flexible edge sealing materials waken the shear forces around the seams, avoiding the sealing failure caused by the brittle edge sealing material. With the assistance of built-in high-efficiency getter material, LandVac can sustain its superior performance against harsh environments and material ageing for a long time.
- Eliminates dew condensationLandVac effectively eliminates dew condensation between glass layers. Dew condensation is caused by the temperature difference between the inner and outer surfaces of the insulated glass. The high vacuum interspace of LandVac effectively eliminates the dew condensation phenomenon, while the outstanding thermal insulation performance ensures interior glass surface free of condensation even when the outdoor temperature falls to -40 ℃.
- Noise reductionLandVac effectively blocks medium and low frequency penetrating noises. The high vacuum interspace of LandVac effectively blocks sound transmission. For every 5 dB of noise increase, the effect on auditory experiences differs by 3 to 4 times. The weighted sound insulation measurement indicates that an outdoor noise level of 75 dB, can be reduced by 39 dB with LandVac, while the typical reduction by regular laminated glass is only 29 dB. It has a remarkable soundproofing effect against medium and low frequency noise such as traffic and construction noise.
- FlexibilityFactors such as geographical location, elevation, and installation angle do not affect the performance of LandVac. Thanks to the high vacuum interspace of LandVac, there is no thermal expansion or contraction even if the elevation of the location where it’s used is largely different from where it’s manufactured. The heat transfer coefficient of LandVac remains constant regardless of whether it’s mounted horizontally or with an angle, making it suitable for energy efficient roofing or slope installation.
LandVac Specification Table
|Product Type||U-value||Visible Light Transmittance||Thickness||Weight|
|0.48||70 %||8.3 mm||20 kg/㎡|
|0.97||56 %||36 mm||32 kg/㎡|