Secondary Glazing Suppliers
Secondary glazing for sash windows
As a result of their traditional heritage, most sash windows are created using single-glazed glass. As environmental demand and personal comfort have advanced over the years, more emphasis has been placed on energy efficiency standards and cost savings. However, with period and listed buildings, there’s still a need to preserve the original legacy and magnificence of the property. Research showed that in 2017, 23% of house buyers found Georgian properties most desirable – with sash windows being in the top 5 most popular features.
What is secondary glazing?
Often confused with double glazing, secondary glazing is different in a number of ways. Firstly, secondary glazing is a cost-effective alternative to its double-glazing counterpart – this is because secondary glazing is added as a supplement to the existing sash or casement window. With double-glazing, an entirely new unit must be fitted to achieve the desired noise reduction and energy insulating impact. In addition, modern secondary glazing can be visually attractive.
How effective is secondary glazing
There are many benefits to implementing secondary glazing for sash windows.
- Bespoke and compliant to properties in conservation areas and other listed buildingsAlthough period features are sought after, often the hassle of ensuring that all property amendments are compliant can be off-putting. Grosvenor Restoration uses a wealth of experience to deliver quality insulating solutions.
- Cost-effectiveThere’s no need to replace the entirety of the window. We simply install the secondary glazing as an addition to the existing frame.
- Noise reductionReduce disruption from busy roads and noisy neighbours by acoustically insulating your home.
- Energy efficient and draught cancellingCompliant with current energy standards, secondary glazing will save money on annual energy bills by keeping the warmth in during the winter months.
- Quick turnaroundWe’ll provide a bespoke solution with a quick turnaround. Years of experience mean that we know what we’re doing.
- Minimum disruptionWe’ll design and fit the secondary glazing with minimal disruption to your daily routine. There’s no need for us to remove the existing structure.
- Ongoing supportFollowing installation and a personalised service, benefit from expert aftercare advice to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your glazing solution.
Secondary double glazing sash windows
We are proud to fit Duration secondary glazing units, a reliable, compliant and cost-effective way of insulating buildings in conservation areas. It is an excellent, reversible solution that is recommended by English Heritage and the Listed Property Owners Club.
Looking for alternative options? Browse our range of slimline double glazing solutions today.